My favorite breakfast bowls! We do food like we do everything else.
Minimal but quality!
I won’t be one of those bloggers that writes 6 paragraphs about why I love this recipe. It’s simple. I. like. Food….. Breakfast food is life (insert praise hands here).
Simple. Healthy and Delicious!
What you need:
- A love of breakfast food – CHECK!
- Olive Oil
- Shredded Cheese (if you like)
- Scallions (Green Onions)
- Cilantro (if you’re a Cilantro fan)
- Salsa or hot sauce if you like some heat.
How to make it:
- Preheat TWO pans with olive oil. (I cook with Kitchen Aid Stainless Steel pans ONLY-because I love them so much!! My set is going on 6yrs old and still look brand new!!)
- Slice Bacon and add to first pan once heated.
- *NOTE: I test to see if my pans are “ready” by simply holding my hand above it to check heat.
- Crack your eggs into second pan. We use about 6 eggs a morning in our house, because-KIDS
- Scramble in pan as eggs heat up. I cook my eggs like the almighty Gordon Ramsey Cooks his 😉
- Salt & Pepper as the eggs cook.
- *Not for everyone BUT I like to add a little bit of Paprika for some added flavor.
- Continue to stir eggs until fully cooked. This makes for fluffy textbook beautiful eggs!
- While your eggs are cooking stir bacon so not to burn.
- Continue to cook bacon until that beautiful golden relish color.
- Remove from heat.
- Chop up your scallions & cilantro.
- Once eggs are done add to bowl first.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top (my favorite is sharp cheddar. Parmesan is really good if you’re in the mood as well! Not mixed with the cheddar but on its own. Mix that and Cilantro & MAGIC).
- Add in Bacon to top.
- Sprinkle in Scallions & Cilantro to your liking.
- Top with a little Salsa or Hot sauce.
- BOOM. Enjoy your healthy, quick breakfast!
Note: This is Keto friendly. You can also swap in any meat of your choosing! Keep in mind I know this is not a ground breaking combo BUT it is a simple one that I really come back to on the regular! I hope you enjoy it as well and add some of your own flare or faves too! Drop some of your favorite mixes of this in the comments!